This is my inaugural post. The blog is designed to provide insights and updates on Oregon law as it relates to eminent domain, regulatory takings, inverse condemnation and property rights litigation. It will provide readers, among other things:
- Explanations of basic principles of Oregon condemnation law;
- Updates on public works projects impacting the rights of Oregon property owners;
- Analysis of relevant statutory and regulatory changes;
- Analysis of new Oregon and federal case law relevant to condemnation law;
- Analysis of select cases from other states that may or should affect Oregon condemnation law; and
- My commentary regarding takings, just compensation and everything else related to Oregon condemnation law.
The blog also serves as an outlet for my passion for this area of law, and hopefully fills what I perceive is a void of quality and timely commentary on Oregon condemnation law. I hope you find the blog interesting and helpful.